Just as in brick and mortar casinos, online progressive jackpots are the highest payouts for winning on slot games or video poker where the value of the jackpot increases in small increments for every game played.
Normally multiple machines are “linked” together to form one large progressive jackpot that grows quickly as multiple players are contributing to the jackpot simultaneously.
Microgaming Progressive Jackpots
One of the most popular online progressive jackpot networks is Microgaming’s.
Microgaming is one of the leading online casino, poker and bingo software developers and providers to some of the most trusted online casinos. It’s progressive jackpot network has paid out over €375m since it began and is the biggest online.
Games like the entertaining and wildly popular The Dark Knight™ offers the chance to win one of four Progressive Jackpots. Based on the Hollywood blockbuster movie series of the same name, it offers a randomly triggered Bonus Wheel feature.
With the Dark Knight™ progressives, there are currently four jackpots to be won:
- Mega Progressive – Wins start from 1 000 000.00
- Major Progressive – Wins start from 10 000.00
- Minor Progressive – Wins start from 100.00
- Mini Progressive – Wins start from 10.00
Another popular jackpot series is the Mega Moolah™. It provides various jackpots through several different games.
The variations are:
- Mega Moolah – 5 reel, 25 payline multiple coin game, with a Wild (which doubles the win when substituting), scatters which trigger 15 Free Spins (where wins are tripled and which can be re-triggered) and a four tiered progressive
- Isis – 5 reel, 25 pay-line video slot with a full complement of Wilds, Scatters, Multipliers, Free Spins and a Gamble feature
- Summertime – 5 reel, 9 payline, multiple coin game, with a Wild, Scatters which trigger 15 Free Spins (where wins are multiplied by 3 and Free spins can be re-triggered) and a four tiered Progressive Jackpot
- 5 Reel Drive – 5 reel, 15 payline multiple coin game, with a Wild, Scatters which trigger 10 Free Spins (where wins are multiplied by 5 and Free spins can be re-triggered) and a four tiered progressive Jackpot
With a jackpot starting value of £250,000, Major Millions is one of the most wildly sought after progressives online. Available in three variations, MegaSpin, 5-Reel Video Slot, and the all-time favorite original 3-Reel Slot, this progressive jackpot is among the biggest ever!
Other Progressives on the Microgaming Network
Roulette Royale™, King Cashalot™, Cyberstud™, Poker Ride™, Treasure Nile™, Tunzamunni™, Triple 7s™, Cash Splash™, Jackpot Deuces™, Lotsaloot™, Fruit Fiesta™, SupaJax™ and WowPot™
Playtech’s Win a Jackpot
Playtech’s Sources of Success is its innovative games. The software developer’s progressive games network is available across all platforms, that’s connecting the developers slots, video poker, table games and side games.
Since its launch in 2002, Win a Jackpot has paid out over €195 million!
Playtech’s top progressive jackpots are:
- Gold Rally Jackpot – A 9-reel wild-west special, averaging around €1M and occasionally soaring to prizes above €2M.
- Beach Life Jackpot – average jackpot above €2M with a record prize of €6.2M won in February 2012.
- Marvel Jackpot – includes all twenty of the popular Marvel branded slots with a multi-level, mystery progressive jackpot. This jackpot features a random entry from any spin and a maximum win of €1M
- Monty Python’s Spamalot – its the Holy Grail of All Jackpots
- Everybody’s Jackpot – A 70 -30 share makes this one everybody’s favorite! Slot players pulling the reels within a 24 hour time frame share the jackpot with one lucky winner getting 70% and the remaining 30% being divvy among all players who have played the game within the 24 hours before the win.