We just received this bad news from Doyles Room today:
We have received notice from our poker software provider that as of Wednesday, October 29th, they will begin blocking connections from 13 U.S. states based on IP address. Therefore, we are sending an email to all those players that may be affected by this block. Below you will find a copy of this email.
We have received notice from our poker software provider that as of Wednesday, October 29th, they will begin blocking connections from 13 U.S. states based on IP address.
If your internet service provider is based in one of the following 13 states, you may or may not be affected by this change:
Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, Washington and Kentucky.
Blocked connections will receive an error message upon attempting to login to the poker client. Please read the Common Concerns below and if you feel your connection to the poker client is being blocked in error, please contact customer service immediately at [email protected] so that we may assist you in logging into your account.
1. I am not in one of the states above will there be any difference in my connecting to the poker client?
No, your account will not be affected.
2. What is an IP address? An IP address is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). All users of the internet are assigned an IP address. This address can be used to roughly determine the geographic location of your ISP. The address returned from a lookup of your IP address is actually the address of your ISP rather than your physical address. This discrepancy may cause some players that are not from a blocked state to appear as though they are from a blocked state.
3. I am not attempting to connect from one of the 13 states above, but I am still having problems logging into the poker client. What should I do? We apologize for this inconvenience. State lookups based on your IP address are not always accurate. Please send an email to [email protected] with your login name and a brief description of your problem.
4. I am not from one of the 13 states but I am traveling to one of them. Will I be able to connect? There is a chance that you will not be able to connect if you are travelling to one of the 13 states listed above. Please contact [email protected] if you are traveling through one of the states and are having a problem logging into your account.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes you and urge you to contact our 24 hour support services if you have any further questions. Click to visit our support page
– The Technical Team at DoylesRoom.com